Answers to FAQ’s about Asian Bio-Energetics Therapy (ABET)
This scientific treatment, developed by Dr Than Van Le during a period of some 30 years, is a combination of several orientalholistic healing techniques that are all non-invasive and require no machines for diagnoses and no drugs for treatment. Bio-Energetics will restore the patient’s natural energy fields and healing powers, promote relaxation and healing and have a positive effect on the emotional, physical and spiritual well-being.
Dr. Thanh Van Le (in white)
founder of Bio-Energetics
with 3 students in Bangkok, Thailand
In Asian Bio-Energetics we combine the following treatments :
- diagnostics, meridian and moxa therapies of acupuncture from China (without needles,
- the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test (BIDORT) from Japan,
- the Magnet therapy and Piezo therapy from Japan,
- the Healing Breathing from Tibet and
- the deep relaxation of a Reiki Energy Massage from Japan and Tibet.
These different but complementary therapies work on many different levels of the body.
Every treatment session is adapted to the patient’s needs of that moment and may take 1 to 2 hours.
performed by Cory,
founder of Asian Healing Arts Center
The first result of this treatment is that the patient feels lighterin body and spirit and more energetic.
Sleep is deeper and more refreshing and physical ailments disappear quickly depending on their seriousness.
The next step is to teach patients how they can continue to heal themselves by making minor life-style adjustments to achieve major life quality improvements.
Bio-Energetic Therapy is especially effective for accident or stroke rehabilitation, back and joint pains, diabetes, sleepless nights, blood pressure, stomach, liver, kidney and urinary bladder problems, Parkinson’s, Lupus, MS and other such debilitating diseases.
We believe that the most effective way to remove pain is to remove the cause of the pain or ailment. And that is exactly what we do.
Imbalances are the root cause of many illnesses: 2500 years ago the Greek doctor Hippocrates believed that balance is health and that imbalance is the cause of all illness and pain. Many other medical traditions like Chinese Yin and Yang also support this theory of balance.
Unfortunately during the last 300 years this concept has been in disfavor which has resulted in an emergence of diseases that are incurable with western medical science, like AIDS, Cancer, Lupus, MS, Parkinson’s…
Your Life Force: your energy, or what Chinese call Chi, is theLife Force that flows through your body.
We all have it inside and all around us. The official western term for what is inside you is called Bio-Electric Energy; around you it is the Bio-Electromagnetic Field, or Aura.
When your Life Force becomes blocked by a stressful life or environment, it has the same effect as when a hose in your car is stuffed up. Some parts will overheat while others go dry, while the whole engine cannot work smoothly.
An ABET practitioner can help release these blocks to return your energy flow to normal, thereby assuring an optimal functioning of body, mind and spirit.
Training comprises 4 levels and classes are limited to max. 6 students.
The ABET trainings are given only twice a year over a period of approx. 2 months.
This is a tough training but also very rewarding as it will increase your awareness, teach you a lot about yourself, which is not always easy. This maturing self-understanding will be woven back into your ABET practice as increased skill and connection with the patient. This adaptation of ancient wisdom to modern-day practice is exciting and inspirational even to those already experienced in working with people.
Furthermore, the intensive ABET training will help you to diagnose health problems in yourself and others and make the appropriate recommendations for minor life style adjustments to achieve major life quality improvements.
Course Location and Availability:
We are available all-year-round.
All courses are given in a private setting located at the foot of Doi Suthep mountain, at about 15 km South-West from Chiangmai University or 30 minutes from the city center.
We will be happy to send you a map for your easy reference.
Accommodation and Food in Chiangmai, Thailand:
as we are staying a bit out-of-town in a nice village,
I suggest that you take a guestroom at this resort which is reasonably priced and within walking distance from our center :
The Nugent Waterside : www.nugentwaterside.com
Just ask Clarence (the owner) for the special AHAC room or house rates.
However, if you still want to stay in town, it will cost about 200 Bht
to come here by tuktuk (one way).
Note from Cory (ABET Practitioner and Teacher)
I discovered this great healing technique more than 16 years ago in Thailand (where I have been working for over 26 years).
Even today, its wonderful results fill me with awe, wonder and gratitude.
I truly appreciate the opportunity to practice and teach this Asian healing art
Bi-Digital O-Ring Test
Summaries of BIDORT research papers can be viewed on internet. Search on Bi-Digital O-Ring Test or BIDORT.
Moxibustion treats and prevents diseases by applying heat to acupuncture points or certain locations of the body.
Moxibustion (Moxa + combustion) is a heat application treatment used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) on the acupuncture points with the use of a herb called “Moxa”.
In moxibustion, usually a grain-size cone of moxa or dry yellow spongy substance made from a herbal plant “Mugwort” is placed on the acupoints and lit with an incense stick. The burning moxa is then pinched out or taken away by the therapist before it burns down completely to the skin. The patient experiences a very comfortable sensation of heat that penetrates deep into the skin. This technique is called Direct Moxibustion.
Another way of using moxa is to burn a moxa cone on the head of inserted acupuncture needles. And lastly, a very popular way is to use a cigar-type moxa stick or moxa roll to warm the skin close to the acupuncture points.
Moxa sticks are burnt near the acupoint so as to cause a warm sensation. (during 10 to 20 minutes, with the skin turning red). Effective for numbness and pain in the limbs.
A moxa cone is placed on the skin surface and burned. This method can be further classified into purulent moxibustion and non-purulent moxibustion. Since the former may leave scars on the skin, it is called scar-producing moxibustion.
This kind of moxibustion places medicinal materials between the moxa cone and the skin surface. These materials include ginger, salt, garlic…
THE BENEFITS OF MOXIBUSTION
Moxibustion in general has more or less the same efficacy as acupuncture. However, medical experiments have shown that moxibustion exerts a much wider and stronger effect on overall biochemical changes in the body than acupuncture. For example:
(1) It increases the production of white blood cells (or leucocytes) which destroy bacteria and thereby contribute to our defense system. The white blood cell count begins to increase immediately after direct moxibustion, and reaches a peak 8 hours later. This peak is maintained for 24 hours. The number remains elevated for four or five days after treatment. The white blood cell count almost doubles with moxibustion, but when applied continuously for six weeks, the increase is sustained for up to even three months after moxibustion is discontinued.
(2) It increases the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin. For subjects who had an average hemoglobin ratio of 78% just before direct moxibustion, the ratio increased steadily to reach a peak of 90% in eight weeks. Applying direct moxibustion continuously for 15 weeks, it takes 22 weeks for the red blood cell count to return to what it used to be before moxibustion. It also shows a substantial increase in the following blood components: the sedimentation rate of red blood cells, platelet count, the speed of blood coagulation, blood calcium, blood glucose count and the capacity to produce antibodies.
(3) It improves the overall blood and lymph circulation. Due to rather intense heat of burning moxa on acupoints, impulses from nerve endings of the skin cause the dilation of capillaries (the smallest vessels) to increase the blood and lymph circulation in the entire body. In fact, it is well known that the patient feels very warm, relaxed and sleepy from this effect after moxibustion treatment. People who suffer from constant circulation or “cold feeling” in the hands and feet can greatly benefit from moxibustion.
(4) It is more effective for internal chronic ailments than acupuncture. Because of stronger effects on the overall biochemical changes, especially in blood components and immune system, moxibustion is much more effective for various chronic diseases of internal organs.
(5) It is a safer treatment than acupuncture and can be used as a home therapy. Since moxibustion is a safer method than acupuncture, it has been widely used as a very handy and effective folk remedy for centuries in Asia. You can use moxa not only for the treatment of specific ailments but also for continuously maintaining good health.
Moxa-5 Tincture : For the full benefit of moxibustion without smoke or strong odour, we have a Moxa-5 Tincture which is an undiluted herbal tincture based on a traditional Chinese formula. This product is a great substitute for either the dry moxa rolls or dry moxa cones. Just a few drops of our Moxa-5 Tincture contain constituents equivalent to one typical stick-on moxa cone.
This formula consists of five TCM herbs.
Our Moxa-5 Tincture can be applied either by spraying or by drops. Warm the area with a therapeutic heat source such as the regular moxa stick, an infrared lamp, a regular heat lamp, or even a hairdryer.
Our Moxa-5 Tincture does more than just substitute regular moxa. This formula is also designed for invigorating constitutional deficiency, particularly when it is applied on the lower back around the meridian points UB-23 and UB-25 (located on both sides of the spine).
Recommended therapy is to apply two-to-three drops on the targeted areaand then treat the area with a therapeutic heating source (like an infra-red lamp or a moxa stick) for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat the application of Moxa-5 Tincture two to three times during the course of a treatment.
Sizes: 30ml, 60ml, 100ml Bottle of 30ml, yields approximately 600 drops
Tibetan Healing Breath
Tibetan Breathing balances the positive and negative currents throughout the body.
It calms the nervous system, regulates and slows heart activity, normalizes blood pressure, stimulates digestion, increases your oxygen intake and helps to clean your body’s toxins.
How to perform Tibetan Breathing
- Close your eyes
- Turn your left hand palm upwards, connect your thumb and index finger to form a circle, keep your other 3 fingers gently extended and straight.
- Place your right hand, palm flat, directly below your belly button.
- Inhale gently through your nose. Follow your breath up from your nose and over your head. Continue down your spine until you reach your tailbone.
- Contract your buttocks muscles gently.
- Pursing your lips together (like a whistle) exhale from your mouth, release your buttocks muscles gently, push your breath up the front of your body with your belly muscles. This will expand your lungs and increase oxygen in your blood. All the organs of the body benefit and work better.
- Perform a second breath.
- Now, move your right hand to your heart or anywhere else where you have pain or discomfort.
- Perform two more breaths, for a total of four inhale/exhales.
Start by performing these 4 breathes twice per day. Early morning after waking and night time before bed are best. You can perform the breathing sitting, laying down or even while walking (keep your hands in your pockets). Any time you feel you need more energy, perform the Tibetan Healing Breath.
Note: this Tibetan Breathing Technique is a very powerful energizer which should not be overdone. If you feel that you are getting a dry throat, reduce the breathing to once or twice a day.
More ABET Content
More About Us
- We actively support the disadvantaged thru the New Life Foundation with whom we share our proceeds
- We practice FAIR TRADE in our pricing’s for products.
- We pay a fair price to the small village producers who are not equipped for export and for whom we provide market access
- With our in-house designs and marketing, we strengthen our producer’s capacity in line with international market demands
- We have concern for people, for animals and for the environment
Do you want to know what students felt about the ABET or Reiki trainings?
- See what people are saying here