What is “Photo Bio Modulation” (PBM)
The Photo Bio Modulation, or PBM technology provides a non-invasive Red and/or Near Infrared (NIR) light which has been studied for over 60 years.
Combined with the latest LED technology, it is a very effective, inexpensive and safe way to reduce pain and inflammation and to optimise blood flow and cell-health. It works as follows:
- The PBM light penetrates into the body, as our body tissues are very receptive to it.
- Cells illuminated by this PBM LED Light, produce more cellular energy called ATP or Adreno Triphosphate, the energy source for all cellular activities.
- The PBM Light Photons can “knock” Nitric Oxide out of red blood cells, release it in the blood vessels, help to dilate them and therefore allow for more blood flow and reduced inflammation. This extra blood flow and photonic energy help to re-generate the nerves and surrounding tissues, lowers sensitivity and resolves pain.
- White blood cells are activated by the PBM Light to build more capillary blood vessels, further enhancing blood flow and oxygen delivery to the nerves and surrounding tissues, and resulting in better detox.
- All these effects are achieved without heating the body tissues, which means non-damaging.
- No side-effects : this PBM Light therapy has no negative side-effects and no risks if used as directed.
- Used for relaxation of muscles and spasms, for joint pains and stiffness, and for strains and sprains.
- Frequency : for chronic problems, we recommend to use this wonderful tool about 4x a week, to give the body some time to adjust. But for acute problems (like accidents), you can use it 3 times per day for best results.
- Unfortunately, we cannot yet recommend this wonderful tool for pregnant women nor for heavy menstruations.
What does all this really mean for you?
The key mechanism behind the numerous benefits of red and near-infrared light therapy is providing the mitochondria with more energy. In that way, they can boost ATP production and distribute that energy where it is needed the most. As a result, this can lead to:
- Enhanced energy levels
- Relief from pain
- Reduction in inflammation,
- Faster injury recovery
- Boosted athletic performance,
- Better post-workout recovery
- Modulation of the immune response,
- Improved sleep quality,
- Regulated hormonal balance,
- Improved mental well-being
- Expedited wound healing
Additional associated benefits are :
– faster recovery from physical performance,
– increased energy levels, and
– improved general wellbeing.
The PBM technology is a very effective, inexpensive and safe way to reduce pain and inflammation and to optimise cell-health and blood flow.
Several CASE STUDIES have recently been conducted, written, and authored by Dr. Zulia Frost. Here is one of them.
A practical Case Study : FlexBeam for Pain Relief: Internal Research Summary
The objective of this evaluation study was to understand the efficacy of FlexBeam for pain relief in both clinical and at-home environments when following a pain-relief regimen.
Procedure: The pain relief after FlexBeam application was measured in both clinical and in-home settings. The regimens were as follows:
- Option A : Frequency: 3 sessions a week
- Duration: three weeks; followed by a week of break
- Setting: clinical setting
- Option B : Frequency: one or two sessions a day; workdays only; no weekend sessions
- Duration: two weeks; followed by a third week with a single session every other day and a fourth week of break.
- Setting: at-home use
- Option C : Frequency: one session a day, every other day
- Duration: three weeks, followed by a one-week break
- Setting: at-home
Measurement: Total of 50 of data entries points on pain score using of Visual Analogue Score (VAS) of pain (0-10) before the use of FlexBeam and compared with the score after 1 (three weeks) or 2 courses (six weeks) of FlexBeam applications
Result: Overall, there is a high satisfaction score, in average pain presented at 5.9 out of 10 before intervention and pain dropped down to 1.52 out of 10 within 3 – 9 weeks study time. Graphical representation demonstrates 75% improvement in the pain score.
Our personal experience with this Targeted Light Therapy: Since 2018, we have used PBM Lights from Recharge Health Co for targeted pain treatment of ourselves (first) and our delighted patients later : I am very happy to have found this device because it has changed the quality of my life tremendously. And at 77, that means a lot!
I simply cannot imagine my life without it…
THE FLEXBEAM, YOUR TARGETED RED LIGHT DEVICE The FlexBeam is a portable Photobiomodulation (PBM) device that emits non-coherent Red and Near Infrared (NIR) light via its LEDs.
FlexBeam is a wellness device. US FDA class II, MD class IIa are pending and subject to a submission.
FlexBeam dimensions are 35cm x 13.5cm x 4cm. The 3 light modules plus one battery module are connected by a flexible silicon material allowing the device to be wrapped around a limb or joint. In addition, it can be used flat on the body secured by the provided straps where necessary. This enables treatment on any area of the body and, in the case of wrapping around a limb, treatment from multiple angles at the same time.
This wonderful PBM LIGHT device comprises 6 Near infrared (NIR) LEDs at 815nm ± 15nm (3 modules, 2 LEDs/module) and 3 red LEDs at 625-635nm (3 modules, 1 LED/module). The LED’s are high quality with a 90-245V AC input power supply with 15V, 2.4A output.
Peak wavelength 630 nm in red and 815 nm in Near Infrared. When in contact, it irradiates 40 cm2 of skin per module, a total of 120 cm2. The key technical parameters of FlexBeam were calculated with consideration of fluency, dose of energy and bi-phasic dose response.
When in skin contact the FlexBeam has a maximum power output of 100mW/cm2 in the NIR LEDs and 50mW/cm2 in the red LEDs. This device operates in pulsing mode with pulsing frequencies between 10-1000Hz and duty cycle of 10-100% with 10-minute intervention time.
All skin-contacting materials used in this device meet ISO 10993 criteria for biocompatibility for cytotoxicity, sensitization, and irritation. FlexBeam is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery with one charge lasting for up to 1.5 hours. This module also contains a convenient user interface for turning on and shutting down the device, for program selection and for indication of the state of charge.
The Flexbeam contains an active fan cooling system to regulate temperature and automatic shutdown at the completion of each treatment. It is also programmed to shut down in the case of overheating or overcurrent faults to ensure user safety. The intended use of FlexBeam is directly on the skin, anywhere on the body. It is not designed to treat the head. Once achieved 510k exemption (November 2021) the FlexBeam will be an over-the-counter device intended for the temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain, arthritis, and muscle spasm; relieving stiffness; temporary relaxation of muscle tissue and to increase local blood circulation.
The FlexBeam emits non-coherent Red, and Near-infrared (NIR) light through an optimization of Mitochondria functioning and an increase in microcirculation stimulated by this light.
The patient is the intended operator – this simply means that you can treat yourselves with this device in your own home…
With powerful wavelengths, easy-to-use Presets, Portable, Rechargeable, for pre & post workout recovery… the Flexbeam is IT for me.
What does FlexBeam do for Pain? This wonderful tool is designed to:
Relieve : Increase blood flow, oxygen and cleaning to treat where it hurts.
Repair : Stimulate the cells to regenerate faster. Works directly where you need it, while also generating vital systemic effects for your entire body.
Recover : Boost energy for improved self-healing. Use it anytime, anywhere The Fleaxbeam fits your body contours comfortably. You can also wear it while doing household chores or computer work. For more info on this wonderful tool or to buy the FLEXBEAM, use this link to get a 10$ discount:
PREVENTION IS STILL THE BEST MEDICINE…
http://photobiology.info/Karu.html Action spectra and PBM-NIR effects, Tiina Karu, Russia.
http://photobiology.info/Hamblin.html Basics of PBM-NIR Dr Hamblin, U.S.A.
http://photobiology.info/Coherence.html Replacing laser with LED light, study by Tiina Karu, Russia
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5523874/Explanation of all known benefits of PBM-NIR light
http://www.clinicadepele.com.br/Arquivos/artigos/quedadecabelo/lasercapilar11.pdf Optimal dosage Bell curve
Increase in Exercise Load and Reduced Fatigue : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5026559/
Improvement on Delayed On-set Muscle Soreness (DOMS): https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10103-017-2368-6
Increase of Muscle Strength and Performance Metrics: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jbio.201600176
Proposed Mechanisms of Photobiomodulation : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5215870/
Infrared Light Excites Cells by Changing Their Electrical Capacitance : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3316879/
Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy in Skin: Stimulating, Healing, Restoring : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4126803/
Effect of Light Therapy on Gene Expression in Osteoblasts : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12928816/