FAQ’s about Reiki Energy Massage
What is Reiki, where does it come from and how does it work?
- Reiki is a Japanese word meaning Universal Life Force Energy… a vital force which permeates all living things.
- Reiki is also referred to as the Usui System of Natural Healing.
- Reiki is an energy therapy that balances, harmonizes and restores us by using the energy centers in the palms of the practitioner’s hands.
- These hands are placed gently and passively in different positions over or on the body, usually beginning at the head.
- Psychologically, an hour’s treatment of Reiki is equivalent to 4 hours of sleep; this experience alone makes Reiki a very effective stress reliever.
- Reiki is renowned for it’s effectiveness in long-term and acute illnesses.
- A Reiki treatment will help to alleviate the roots of ill-health and stimulate a great feeling of general well-being.
- Reiki treatments are also appropriate as a general tune-up or tonic in times of “normal” health as well as an internal beauty session.
- Treatments are by appointment only.
- There is no greater gift one can offer than the energy of Unconditional Love = Reiki
What Reiki IS NOT…
- A religion, a cult, a sect or an organization; so, there is no need to change your present belief system.
- A form of psychic healing, of mind control, wishful thinking or hypnosis.
- A massage technique.
Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki is self-help: you take control of your health and well being.
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress and tension.
- Reduces tiredness and aching muscles.
- Relieves pain and discomfort of chronic diseases.
- Relieves headaches, colds, flu, cuts, burns, fatigues, stomach upsets, sprains and other discomforts of day-to-day living.
- Complements other healing systems, including standard medical (western) treatment.
- Helps in the withdrawal of addictive drugs.
- Increases the therapeutic effects of both conventional medicines and alternative remedies.
- Promotes recovery from surgery.
- Reduces the incidence of illness and injury.
- Enhances creativity, communications and learning abilities by improving the integration of the left and the right hemispheres of the brain.
- Helps children in their growth process, particularly with stress and learning difficulties.
- Increases confidence and self-esteem.
- Helps overcome fear and anxiety.
- Assists in reconnecting with our Inner Self.
- Animals and plants looove Reiki.
- Reiki is a powerful tool for personal growth and for improving our quality of life.
- Reiki is an energy therapy that balances, harmonizes and restores us by using the energy centers in the palms of the therapist’s hands.
What do you feel during a Reiki energy massage?
Usually, you will feel a pleasant warming heat on the area that is being treated. This deeply warming relaxation will enable energy blockages within the body to be released and these can show in many ways: such as the desire to continually swallow, cough or sneeze, a rumbling stomach or a rush of energy down the legs. These are great indications that the treatment is working and should not cause any concern. Some people may feel nothing during the treatment itself but this does not mean that it has not worked.
Reiki originated in Tibet thousands of years ago. Tibetan monks had mastered the science or art of tapping the Universal Life Force Energy for man’s use in healing and self-transformation to eventually lead to spiritual enlightenment. This technique was however, only taught to a selected and disciplined few.
Reiki was rediscovered by Dr Mikao Usui, a theological scholar and teacher, who in the mid 1800’s undertook an extensive study of the healings of history’s greatest spiritual leaders. In the Buddhist writings he found a way to connect to the Reiki healing energy and he spent the latter part of his life using and teaching this wonderful knowledge.
In the later 1970’s, Reiki reached the western world through Mrs. Hawayo Takata. Since then, tens of thousands of people have received Reikiworldwide.
Reiki is a safe, simple, natural and easy-to-learn healing technique.
Once your body has been attuned to connect to and to receive this wonderful healing technique, you have Reiki for life.
Course Location and Availability: We are available all-year-round.
All courses are given in a quiet private setting at about 12 km South-West from Chiangmai University in a small village called Nampreah-Obkhan, which is located on the way to the Obkhan National Park and off Klongchollapratan or Canal Road.
Accommodation : we offer 6rooms in our guesthouse which is located in our organic farm.
Accomodation and Food in Chiangmai, Thailand: you can also find a clean guesthouse at 10 US$ per night in town but then you will have daily transport costs.
For more info about the Reiki training, please go to Reiki Classes.
More Reiki Content
Do you want to know what students felt about the ABET or Reiki trainings
- See what people are saying here